BRIM is inviting other Dayton area businesses to do sidewalk and street pop ups on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through the end of October. Vendors can choose your hours as you see fit, but we recommend Friday evening, the first half of the day on Saturday, and any time Sunday. The crowds are different for each time slot. Fridays tend to have a lot of young families, Saturdays are mixed, and Sundays are groups of friends or families out to brunch.
WHY WE’RE DOING THIS
In the two plus years since the start of COVID, we have sorely missed community activities and are going hard at hosting more events. We enjoy collaboration and want to support and encourage other businesses (we would not be here today without the support of our community). And every weekend between the beginning of May and the end of October, Fifth St. is closed to vehicular traffic for Out on 5th. We’ve been under utilizing this pedestrian-oriented environment, perfect for pop ups.
BRIM is a hats and accessories store located at the corner of Jackson St. and Fifth St. in the heart of Dayton’s Oregon District. We sell hats, but what we really do is help people to be their best, most confident self. We find great pleasure in seeing our customers blossom and be more fully themselves and we’re here to encouraging the creative expression of our entire community. We’re woman owned and have been in business for almost 10 years (which feels impossible.
You can find out more about us on the Our Team page and our social media where we’re @brimonfifth.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- We can provide up to three (3) folding tables 72”x 30” and dark blue linen table cloths. If you use our tables, we need to have them returned to us by close of business: 8:00 Friday and Saturday and 4:00 Sunday.
- If you have a mobile business like a bus or truck, you cannot bring your vehicle into the closed off section of the Oregon District. We have had success with mobile businesses setting up in the first couple of parking spaces on the southeast side of Jackson St.
- We are unable to provide electricity or water.
- This is a family-friendly event.
- Once you’re approved and scheduled, we ask that you provide photos and/or video for promotions and help promote the pop up to your network.
- You are responsible for packaging and tax collection. Failure to collect taxes will make you ineligible for future pop ups.
HOW TO APPLY
We ask that interested parties fill out our Google Form so we can get a feel for your work and decide if we’re a good fit.