ASSISTANT MANAGER | BRIM ON FIFTH
We’re looking for an amazing human to join our team.
We’re seeking a full-time Assistant Manager, ideally with management experience. Brim is a small team of three, our new Assistant Manager making four, people. We’re in the midst of a big growth spurt and are seeking a full-time Assistant Manager. This job will largely be management of the brick & mortar store, with some time devoted to helping the Store Owner/General Manager with backend data entry for our online store, social media, and advertising.
We pride ourselves on our customer service and are intentional about being good community members and guided by ethical decisions. We will provide extensive training but some retail experience, and preferably managerial experience is expected.
This position will start at $20/hour, with benefits including tax free health insurance reimbursement, matching retirement contributions, vacation time, sick time, and parental leave (you’ll also get a great discount on our products). The tentative schedule for this position is 35-40 hours a week, working Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday with one Saturday a month off (swapping out one Saturday for a Friday) (we know you have a life and want you to have time with the people you care about). This position will require evening and weekend availability. We schedule in advance a full month at a time, so that we can accommodate one another’s home life and family needs.
Due to the smaller size of our store, everyone juggles a number of duties including but not limited to: ensuring client satisfaction, maintaining tidiness on the sales floor and in the stock room, fulfilling online orders, helping with social media, and resolving customer complaints. We expect everyone to develop a deep understanding of the store's inventory and develop long-lasting relationships with repeat customers. Each member of our sales team is a trusted authority to our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and maintain client relationships and strategic partnerships
- Address customer complaints/feedback in a professional manner
- Plan and execute special events and trunk shows
- Maintain thorough knowledge of our merchandise and demonstrate product expertise
- Maintain current knowledge of market/trends
- Assist Store Owner/General Manager in purchasing merchandise
- Supervise employees, providing coaching and mentorship to optimize productivity and increase sales
- Maintain a warm and welcoming environment that is customer focused
- Assist customers in determining what best fits their needs and their personal style
- Demonstrate accountability, reliability, professionalism, and a positive attitude
- Demonstrate knowledge of opening and closing procedures
- Maintain knowledge of the POS system and our general policies and procedures
- Uphold compliance with all legal, health, and safety guidelines
- Manage the cleanliness and general maintenance of the store, stockroom, and common areas
- Manage appropriate levels of store supply stock
- Effectively and politely communicate with customers, supervisors, and peers
- Retail experience with managerial experience preferred, however, we will consider candidates that have managerial experience in a customer service focused field, or candidates that have extensive retail experience with no managerial experience
- Evening and weekend availability
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to delegate and be self-directed
- Professional appearance
- Basic math skills, and ability to be detailed with numbers and information
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Ability to follow through on tasks with repeated interruptions
- Strong style sense and an eye for merchandising
- Computer skills, including retail management software
- Experience with social media, photography, or sewing is a plus
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 40 lb.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Availability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and evenings
Complete the form below with your cover letter and resume. Applications without both a cover letter and a resume will not be considered.