We’re looking for an amazing human to join our team.
We’re seeking a fashion savvy part-time Sales Associate. Brim is a small team of five people and we pride ourselves on our customer service. We are intentional about being good community members and are guided by ethical decisions. We will provide extensive training but some retail experience is expected.
This position will start at $16/hour, with benefits of matching retirement contributions, vacation time, sick time, and parental leave (you’ll also get a great discount on our products). The tentative schedule for this position is 20-30 hours a week, working Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and at least one Saturday a month with daytime and some evening hours. There is some flexibility in what days and hours will be required and we can talk further about that during the interview process. If we have a great candidate, we will work with the team to see what can be accommodated schedule wise. We schedule in advance a full month at a time, and try to have a consistent schedule for each employee so that we can balance one another’s home life and family needs.
Brim is a small store, which means everyone juggles a number of duties including but not limited to: ensuring client satisfaction, maintaining tidiness on the sales floor and in the stock room, fulfilling online orders, checking in new merchandise, and resolving customer complaints. We expect everyone to develop a deep understanding of the store's inventory and develop long-lasting relationships with repeat customers. Each member of our sales team is a trusted authority to our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Warmly welcome every customer and create an environment that is customer focused
- Assist customers in determining what best fits their needs and their personal style
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of our merchandise and demonstrate product expertise during the selling process
- Understand and adhere to our standards of professionalism and service standards
- Demonstrate accountability, reliability, and professionalism
- Maintain knowledge of POS system and our general policies and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of opening and closing procedures
- Participate and take an active role in store events and trunk shows
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and general maintenance of the store, stockroom, and common areas
- Effectively and politely communicate with customers, supervisors, and peers
- Solid verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to be self-directed
- Professional appearance
- Basic math skills and ability to be detailed with numbers and information
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Ability to follow through on tasks with repeated interruptions
- Strong style sense and an eye for merchandising
- Ability to climb a ladder and lift 25 pounds
- Computer skills
- Experience with photography and/or sewing is a bonus
Complete the form below with your cover letter and resume. Applications without both a cover letter and a resume will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, May 22.